Eric J. Raes is a founder and President of Engineering & Land Planning Associates, Inc. (E&LP) with over twenty-four (24) years of experience as a civil and environmental engineer. Mr. Raes has extensive experience, including expert testimony, in all aspects of civil and environmental engineering, from Phase I environmental assessments to complicated bio-remediation projects, to land development, professional planning and site plan approvals. In addition, Mr. Raes has extensive experience in forensic investigations in support of litigation and cost allocation negotiations, and risk management strategy development and implementation for several foundries and large paint, coal-tar sealant, and metal fabrication manufacturing facilities in New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania.
Mr. Raes has achieved his Professional Engineering, Professional Planning, and Licensed Site Remediation Professional Licenses in the State of New Jersey. Mr. Raes is a member of the Interstate Technology Regulatory Council (ITRC), and is one of the lead authors on the forthcoming ITRC Guidance Document for Environmental Molecular Diagnostics.
Mr. Raes has made numerous presentations at International Conferences such as the International Conference on Remediation of Chlorinated and Recalcitrant Compounds and the International In Situ and On-Site Bioremediation Symposium and has published several peer reviewed papers on advances in site remediation.
In addition, Mr. Raes has designed and implemented numerous source removal systems, including but not limited to, enhanced bio-remediation, in situ chemical oxidation, ground water extraction/treatment systems, soil vapor extraction, and air sparging. These source removal systems have all been combined with monitored natural attenuation programs, or engineered enhanced natural attenuation programs, to address residual constituents dissolved in ground water and to expedite regulatory case closure.
- Registered Professional Engineer, State of New Jersey, License No. GE 38233
- Registered Professional Engineer, State of New York, License No. 074976-1
- Registered Professional Engineer, State of Pennsylvania, License No. PE056678-E
- Registered Professional Planner, State of New Jersey, License No. 33LJ00593500
- Licensed Site Remediation Professional, State of New Jersey, License No. 508617
- Licensed Industrial Water and Wastewater Treatment System Operator (Class N-2), NJ Department of Environmental Protection, NJDEP, License No. 0013718
- Licensed for Tank Closure/Subsurface Investigation, NJDEP, UST, License No. 0021004